Tuesday 27 October 2015

FORGIVENESS


Something happened today, I was online and viewed a friend’s display picture talking about wanting to be better. WHY is this relevant? You’re about to find out
Sometimes we hold on to the sorry (s) we haven’t received or the other person’s deepest understanding of the pain they have caused us. Seeing my friend’s picture reminded me that we are all fighting a battle, deep within that we subconsciously and consciously use to hurt those around us, whether we like to admit it or not. It made me laugh infact because we can be so unfair in the way we expect people to be perfect for our needs without considering their struggles.
I can tell you this much, the minute I saw that picture, I felt liberated. I felt this way because I knew I was growing, because I was able to understand that their forgiveness is not what I needed, but the understanding that we are not perfect. Also knowing that we are all fighting a battle that we tend to judge each other, for instead of praying for one another. Luke 17:3, 4 states ‘So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him." As I would normally say, you have to be okay with the apology you didn’t get, you have to be okay with it... LIFE GOES ON.

We hold on to pain at times that we actually forget to ask God, what can I do in this situation? We bury the hurt inside and in the process we also forget to guard our hearts. Sometimes we think we are over something, you think you’ve moved past it because some chapters have gone but all it takes is an association psychology for it all to come back.

It’s okay for us to have pain as we are able to reach out with compassion to others in the same situation as we are or been through BUT don’t stay in pain. Our obedience to God may lead us to suffering but it will also make us a perfect leader. A leader who loves to FORGIVE
My lesson so far is that for me to stop being thrown around by the world, I am learning to reply on God to show me what’s best for me.

KEEP LEARNING
KEEP FORGIVING

KEEP LOVING 

No comments:

Post a Comment